Sunday, June 16, 2013

ACTUALLY BACK AT IT

It's been almost a month since my last post and instead of being a dick, I figured I should actually START working out again before parroting my deeds around.

So I did three gym sessions this week, all of which ended up in pain and suffering. The lack of training is more than apparent: my upper arms were so sore I could barely lift them enough to put on my earphones and the days following the leg workout made me feel weak and helpless. Hopefully the shock has passed and my body will handle next week's workouts much better, provided I actually devote five measly minutes for warming up.

For my cardio workout, I've decided to start the Couch-to-5K running program, which promises to transform me from a useless sedentary piece of shit into a guy who can run 5 kilometers in one go in just 9 weeks. I've went through the first week of running and it's totally manageable, but I suspect it might get pretty rough later on. We'll see. I love how I turn into a sweat-drenched animal after just 25 minutes on the treadmill and the post-running rush feels really good, so I'm pretty excited to get back in there tomorrow and run some more.

My diet still needs plenty of work. Need to cut down on bread and sweets and I'm not sure eating a pot of bouyiourdi for breakfast every day is a sane thing to do. Although, to be fair, it's vegetables, some cheese and a bit of olive oil, all baked in the oven. Sounds pretty healthy and nourishing to me. And it tastes amazing. So... amazing. I've also taken up eating plain yogurt with various fruits added (peaches, bananas, cherries) which is a good way to eat more of these foods, because I never eat yogurt or fruit by themselves, unless the fruit happens to be grapefruit, which I love.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new week and I'm planning to hit the gym as soon as it opens, do some upper body lifting, run, drink plenty of water then head back home to study. BRB.

Listening to:

Woods of Ypres - Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light
Horseback - Half Blood
Mac Lethal - Irish Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment